November 30, 2011

who doesn't want to wear the ribbon?

I'm a fan of ribbon. I admire it in stores and dream about taking my ribbon over to Martha's house where we would drink hot chocolate, giggle and make crafty things. That dream is enough to get me to buy the ribbon but Martha has yet to invite me over, so it sits in a drawer untouched.

Christmas however is always a good excuse for a non-crafty person like myself to bring out the ribbon. Maybe its memories of my Grandma and the freakishly crafty bows she would put on our packages ( i did not inherit that bow gene) but Christmas always makes me think of ribbon.

So like an addict looking for a fix, I of course start Pinteresting (yes that can be a verb) different ways to use all this ribbon I have in some sort of Christmasy way.
Christmas and ribbon

martha  RIBBON!


Use wire-edged ribbon in any hues you desire as an easy, beautiful way to dress up your mantel or windows for the holidays. #Christmas #decor #decorations #DIY #ribbon #mantel.


I'm thinking that the mantel might be the way to go. I always have a hell of a time figuring out what to put on our mantel anytime of the year, let alone at Christmas. So I figure why not mix my mantel worries with my craft anxiety and my ribbon inferiority to make one big ball of holiday hysteria?! I swear I'm going to drive myself to drink.

Wish me luck! Any ideas - ribbon, mantel or otherwise?

Oh, and I'm almost done with my garage sale table. Update coming soon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really enjoying the design and layout of your blog. It's a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to create your theme? Outstanding work!front door pull handle

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you sweet talk me! It makes my day!
And please make sure you leave an email address so we can keep the convo going.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips