February 25, 2013

past & present - book joy

Merry Monday to all! I hope your weekend was full of giggles and cocktails. I enjoyed both, as well as a very high pitched game of floor wrestling. Eve likes to scream as she wrestles. It's part of her charm.

You will be happy to know that I've picked out my St. Patrick's Day present. Now I know that St. Patrick's Day isn't normally known as a gift giving holiday, but I figure the money I would spend on holiday libations will more than cover the cost of the book.

It's called Past & Present: 24 Favorite Moments in Decorative Arts History and 24 Modern DIY Projects Inspired by Them (how's that for a title). Amy Azzarito of Design Sponge wrote it and I need it.

Basically she picks 24 artists and designers (like Eddie Ross and Todd Oldhman)to create a DIY project inspired by her all time favorite moments in decorative history. Genius. And a DIYer's idea of a good time. Total side note: does anyone else remember watching Todd Oldham and Cindy Crawford on MTV's House of Style way long ago? I just dated myself for sure. And outed myself as someone who watches entirely too much tv. Moving on.

Past & Present
The book comes out March 5th in stores, or you can preorder here. I can't wait! Even the cover has me all giddy.

Read any good books lately?

11 comments:

  1. This book sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a fun book! And I, too, loved house of style. Big fan of the pink and blue colored cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need a St. Patrick's Day present, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude that cover has me all giddy too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have got to get this! Thanks for the recommendation.

    -Lane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great gift idea to me! A St. Patty's gift for a Patty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg goodness what a pretty cover. I tend to buy books based on that alone. I know total marketers dream. Love this idea of a St. Patty's gift. I'm not Irish and don't celebrate it at all...think I can talk Jon into this whole gift idea. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh! I haven't heard of this one! Another to be added to the wish list :) Thanks for the heads up my dear! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you sweet talk me! It makes my day!
And please make sure you leave an email address so we can keep the convo going.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips