May 10, 2013

happy mother's day

In honor of the holiday that should be celebrated every month (in my opinion), I thought I'd take a moment to say a big Happy Mother's Day to my mom, Jan. I owe every inch of my design sensibility to her, she taught me everything I know. I could tell you the difference between Biedermeier and Baroque by the time I was 10 and I was picking out estate jewelry before I could talk. And thanks to her I've toured every old home on the eastern seaboard and been to 46 state capitals. She is a great teacher and friend and there is no one I would rather go shopping with.

Basically what I'm saying is this...

source

And for something only she will understand - this is as close to a card as you will ever get. xoxo


And speaking of moms, don't forget to check out the Simply Baby Spring Blog Party today. My girl Heather, from Vivid Hue Home is hosting this week and I know she's got something special cooked up.
And stay tuned in the weeks to come for great ideas from


How are you going to celebrate Mother's Day?

6 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you and your Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that's such a sweet tribute to your mom! I'm not sure even now I know the difference between Biedermeier and Baroque. Kudos to your mom for bringing you up right and Happy Mother's Day to you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom sounds wonderful, Elizabeth! Wishing you both a very happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will arm wrestle you for bragging rights to the "best mom in the world"! :) I am so thankful to be able to spend the day at home, hosting a backyard BBQ for both our moms and having my oldest drive home from college for the day to hang with us. Hope your day is as fabulous as you are!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you sweet talk me! It makes my day!
And please make sure you leave an email address so we can keep the convo going.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips