May 16, 2014

fess up friday - crazy wonderful

Raise your hand if you are thrilled it is finally Friday! Now get ready to raise the other hand up and do a little dance because today Shelley, from Crazy Wonderful is over for Fess Up Friday. Double Wahoo! Shelley is one of the sweetest women I've (virtually) met and I have loved following her build and move into their new house. So Shelley, Fess up!


Hey guys!  My name is Shelley, and I blog over at Crazy Wonderful.  I luuuurve a good DIY and am currently in the process of making our new house a home.  Once you're done reading this you'll get a better sense of the "crazy" part of wonderful.
It is sooo easy to get caught up in appearances.  Especially in Blog World.  You may read a blog and think, "Wow.  She really has it together.  Her house is perfect, children are perfect, blah, blah, blah...  And, I now feel like crap about myself."  Yuck.  Ok yes, I'm sure there are weird people out there that have it all together.  But those people are few and far between.  I certainly don't have it together.  And the last thing I want is for someone to feel that way when they read my blog.
For instance... my living room.


Really looks like this.  Toys and pillows tossed around.  A collection of remotes hanging out.  A still uncompleted gallery wall with random frames leaning against the top of the TV (can't believe it hasn't fallen yet) and paper taped to the front of another frame.  Leftover sippy cup from last night.  And more likely than not, a few Cheerios smooshed into the rug.


I do have some pretty striped candles hanging out on my fireplace.


But if you were to see the backs you'd notice the stripes are actually pieces of washi tape.  I was trying it out to see if I liked the look before buying real striped candles, which I do, but honestly I'll probably just leave them as is.  Nobody needs to know but us girls ;)


Let's see what else...  Oh!  So do you want to know why I haven't posted pictures of my kitchen that I love so dearly yet?  It's because there is a constant crap pile that hangs out on the counter.  I can feel my blood pressure rising as I look at this picture.  Drives me INSANE.  Insane, people!!!  I've tried cleaning it up, but this thing breeds when I turn my back.  One of these days I will tame it.  One of these days.


I made this really cute art out of plastic animals for Sam's nursery.



Fast forward 18 months to a little boy who likes to stand while he gets his diaper changed, and you get this.  Not so cute.


There is just something about me and incomplete gallery walls.  A few weeks ago I started one at the top of the stairs.  Not only is in not done.  It's literally falling apart.  And it will look like this for a good long while before I get time to deal with it.


And this nightmare is currently happening in my bedroom.  Awesome.


 I assure you this is just a taste of the norm around here.

Despite what you see here, I love making things pretty.  When I post a project on my blog I assure you that it really does look like that.  It just only looks like that until Sam's nap is over, Izzy comes home from school, I start in on another project, or life kicks back into high gear.  But hey, that's life and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

Ok, I could do without this:


Did you see that?!  That thing is eyeing me ;)

Thank you so much for having me over to fess up today, Elizabeth!  It feels so good!!!

17 comments:

  1. I really do feel so much better after a good fess up. It's therapeutic. You should be charging for this! Thanks again for having me over, Elizabeth :) You should see the pile on my kitchen counter this morning - so much worse than this picture. I should just toss it all in a trash can and burn it :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! i love shelley so much! and i love reality. :) welcome to my world as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelley is a sweetheart with great style! Love the glimpse of reality, I laughed out loud at the rod in her bedroom, makes me feel much better! I could give her a run for her money with unfinished gallery walls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Fess Up Friday post is SO good!! Thank you both for letting us in :) So, I can really relate to the pile on the kitchen counter. I have not one, but two, of these darned piles on my counters! I have tried several methods for containing it, but it's like rabbits (you know what they say about rabbits.) I also love the cute art above the changing table...so funny! Good job, girls.
    Julie @ Renaissance Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the best fess-up I've seen yet! It really does make me feel better to know that other people have incomplete craziness in their house too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, I'm right there with her. As bloggers we definitely pick and choose what gets shared on the blog. The ugly corner with laundry is always hidden. Smoke and mirrors. It's always nice to hear I'm not alone. Thanks for sharing today, Shelley. Can't wait to check out your blog! And what are those eyes staring in the last photo? It almost looks like a breast pump?

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it when people show the real behind the pretty staged pictures! Love it!! Plus, she has an awesome sense of humour and made me laugh out loud. Can't wait to check out her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Thanks for showing the real scenes...makes us all feel better....the piles of messes I have all over are unreal! Your home is beautiful BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am CRACKING up, this is so my house! What a great post, bravo Shelley for sharing & thanks Elizabeth for creating a fun series!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you SO much for this post. I love how you are keeping it real! (And you really do have a beautiful house and AMAZING style.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! Keep em coming! Glad to know I'm not the only one with a wiggle worm at the changing table! I have lots of finger prints around that area to prove it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Her messy place is more organized than my clean place!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I honestly LOVE these kinds of posts. Brilliant. And her house - with piles of crap and smooshed cereal in the rug - still looks all kinds of gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you sweet talk me! It makes my day!
And please make sure you leave an email address so we can keep the convo going.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips