May 30, 2014

fess up friday - design indulgence

Today is a real treat as we have one of my all time favorite designers and funny ladies, Sherry from Design Indulgence. Sherry is my neutrals idol. No one can do white and black better than this lady and she also just happens to be one of the nicest and funniest ladies I've met in this little corner of the world (wide web). So Sherry, fess up!


Elizabeth.....you funny girl...thanks for asking me to join in on "fess up friday"....I think:)

I thought about all kinds of things I could confess to..... like I have a couple of hairs on my chin that seem to grow 4 inches in one night.  Seriously one day nothing and the next day Rapunzel.

Or that I HATE my curly hair....it has always been a pain in my ass.  

That is me [25 years ago] with Gene Simmons hair.  Ridiculous.

Or....I am totally petrified beyond anything of spiders...large or small.

But I guess the real thing I am confessing to is this....how scared I get when I post about a design project I have completed or share pictures of my own home.  

Seriously people I feel so vulnerable...."is it OK....are people thinking WTH is THAT?"  She needs to keep that mess to herself.   It's like I have that syndrome where someone can't recognize faces....only I can't recognize if it looks good or not.  Epic fail?

On the one hand people tell me they like it..... but what if they really don't know?  We have all seen when someone leaves the house thinking "BAM....I look good!"  And....you wonder 
what. 
were. 
they.
thinking.


Whoever said "I like it and I don't care about anyone else's opinion" is a liar right?  Of course we care or we wouldn't keep changing it.  

So there....it's out.  I have stood on the mountain [like Moses] with a bullhorn and hollered "it's a crap shoot over here:)".

Keeping it real.....Sherika

21 comments:

  1. OMG, love this! Amen! And I have the same curly hair and it drives me NUTS big time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sherry, what would we do without you???? I love your Gene Simmons hair….I had it too and mine was self imposed, thanks to many perms back in the day. I LOVE that you make a space unique….interesting…..take chances with your designs…..and somehow pull it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too funny, what a great looking table of women there!! I blow dry my very wavy hair straight almost everyday! LOVe it have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. of all people you should not be scared of that- all of your projects are amazing. i agree with elizabeth about you being the queen of neutrals. you rock it! you also rock big hair and should bring it back.
    and what i also adore about you- your humor. one of the best out there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It amazes me and comforts me all at the same time that Sherry Hart doubts her (perfect) work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you Sherry, your rooms are always to die for and one's we all want to live in. Have a great weekend. xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I laughed SO loud!! Sherry you're a hoot!!! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL!!! I tell myself everyday I am enormous (compared to a little spider) :) and it still doesn't matter, I flip out over any little bug! Elizabeth is right, you are a neutral design expert and I adore your rooms! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how I love Sherry and her blog. She keeps it real every day!! Beautiful style and funny…who can beat that? Happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so agree with everyone, love Sherika's humor, Sherry's honesty, and above all, her Hart~full work! Great fess up Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sherry is one of my all time fave bloggers and designers! I love how real she is...hair n' all!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The hair!!! <3!!! Sherry is beyond funny and talented!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you all for these sweet comments....I feel blessed:) And...thanks Elizabeth for forcing a confession out if me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What I love most about Sherry's blog -- in addition to her good taste and style -- is that I can relate to her comments about every day living...including the Rapunzel factor. Love you, Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally love Sherry's sense of humor. She's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sherry, you should know that I get ubber excited every time you post your projects and photos of your home. It's like JACKPOT!!! Your style is spot on! And, you gals had some sexy poses going on in that photo - meow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I laughed out loud when I read this. Then I laughed some more. Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is very informative and quality content, I ever read in my life. Thanks for sharing this content.
    Sofa Beds New Zealand

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you sweet talk me! It makes my day!
And please make sure you leave an email address so we can keep the convo going.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips