October 17, 2014

fess up friday - my notting hill


#TG&TF y'all!

Thanks to each and every one of you for your sweet comments and emails about our feature in Refresh Magazine. And what better way to celebrate than to bring back a little Fess Up Friday action! Wahoo!
Today we've got Michele from My Notting Hill. I've been a long time fan of Michele's and I learn something wonderful and design related each and every time I visit.  So Michele, fess up!

Elizabeth - thanks for the invite to Fess Up Friday!  They say a little confession every now and then is good for the psyche.  You know, releasing the pent up anxieties that come with trying to keep hidden one's foibles, and all that.

Well first I was going to fess up about my addiction to design but then realized in the world of bloggers and people who read blogs it's not all that unique. Besides, that pretty much gets chronicled on a weekly basis on my blog anyway.

So here goes my confession- I still use my Motorola Tracfone from 2008!  It's an old school flip phone and I kinda love it.   Yes, it is pretty much good for only two things:  calling and sending simple text messages, which by the way can take me forever to do on this key pad.  At one point my kids (now almost 21 and 16) said, "Mom, why do you keep spelling out numbers when you text us?" Sad truth - I didn't know that if I pushed one extra time I'd get to the number part…  That tidbit of info sure did save me some time.  I love that it's narrow and long and feels more like a real phone that stretches from your ear to your mouth.



I love the little mirror feature and use it to help me put on my lipstick.  I also love the fact that I only spend about $100 bucks a year total on minutes and that I'm never tempted to look at it when I'm walking somewhere because, let's face it, there's not much to look at. I haven't even changed the screensaver pic in over 6 years.


Just recently I went on a long weekend with college friends.  They couldn't believe I still had "that friggin flip phone."  I always tell people the same thing, "Oh, when my minutes expire, I'll finally get an iPhone" but I know that's a lie.  I plan on keeping this thing until it dies.    xo Michele


23 comments:

  1. I'm actually really jealous of your flip phone Michele. I have a love-hate relationship with my iPhone bc it saves me so much time but it also sucks up all of my attention. I say flip that phone proudly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome! i would still have mint if my husband weren't a techie- i only get new gadgets because he buys them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome you still use your flip phone. We just converted to smartphones from our flip phones about 5 months ago. Just watch in a couple of years people will be going back b/c while the iPhone is great, it's an addiction and I am looking at all sorts of stuff that just wastes my time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is the funniest post ever, michelle. I had a blackberry forever and finally felt like I was so left out of instagram that I bugged my husband for months to agree to switch from our blackberries to iphones! love your confession...donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Michele, this is too funny! I kept my flip phone until the two pieces were only held together by a hanging wire, but did cross over to the other side a few years ago! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE THIS!!! I totally miss my brick! When it stopped working and I was practically forced to get a smart phone, a little piece of me died inside. Me and my boyfriend are probably the only two people in the world that have iPhones and no data plan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it Michele, I just recently upgraded my "antique flip phone"!!
    I mean why not!!?? I say whatever works for you!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHA I love it that you're still loving the flip phone. I need to stop spending too much time on mine. Have a wonderful weekend!

    www.designsbykaty.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. here's my fess...my one and only selfie to my hubs (cleavage) was left in my old phone that he threw in the trash last week and I just found out...no telling who will get that phone out of the dumpster and put my boobs all over tarnation! Hoping it had lots of gravy on it and no one will touch it. New phones cause issues like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehehe! Love it! I don't use even a fraction of the stuff on my iPhone so if it weren't for my husband getting them for us I would probably be using the same thing :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. How, great that you don't have a relationship with your phone. We just moved to a metropolitan city and my hubs wanted me to have a cell (it's a flip phone) in case there is an accident. Well, it has only been turned on twice in 6 months. Guess there's nothing exciting to use the phone for. Thanks for the fess up...................too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so funny!! My husband says he wants to go back to these times pre-email phones....there was more peace for sure. Stick with it. I'm pretty sure your life is better and less stressed than ours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've had nothing but problems with my iphones and plan on switching to an android once my contract is up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My husband has a similar phone and is fighting the iphone. Youre so funny-I was slow to get a smartphone and I admit it is totally addicting! Hope all is well! xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks everybody for the support :) !! It was fun to read all your comments. Thanks Elizabeth too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my gosh, I love my dumb phone too! Even though my husband uses his iphone for his business and I get to use an ipad that shares his phone account, my cell phone provides me with everything I need and helps me keep things simple :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha! I fought the IPhone for a long time...With Android, I was always upset that all the cool apps were never immediately available for Android... My hubby is still in Android mode and is so not a fan of social media so it works for him:-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE that you still do these segments, I love them. And Michele CRACKS me up. So many people hide this as a dirty little secret. I laughed out loud at her last sentence! Rock on girl!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this series! They are so, so awesome. This post is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  20. When Michele was in Atlanta this spring I remember seeing that very flip phone! So funny:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I, too, still use my flip phone (and also get crap about it from friends). It has one of the lowest SAR ratings of any phone ever made. That is the primary reason I still have it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So glad you hear you still use that phone. Only recently I've switched to the smart phone. I often wish I could go back. Proud that you are making the right choice for you!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you sweet talk me! It makes my day!
And please make sure you leave an email address so we can keep the convo going.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips