November 14, 2014

fess up friday - simple details

Today's Fess Up Friday gave me the biggest belly laugh of the week. And it's no surprise that it came from my friend Pam of Simple Details since she makes me laugh pretty much all the time. On her blog, on the phone, in texts, she's just damn funny. And as you know, humor is high on my list so of course I think the world of Pam. Couple that humor with honesty, and you've got one great Fess Up combo. So my Pam, fess up!



Hey Little Black Door fans, I'm Pam from Simple Details, I'm so happy my sweet pal
 Elizabeth invited me over today! I've always thought it was a great idea to post embarrassing
 photos of yourself on the internet, and never got around to it, so thank you E.

 I owe it all to you! 
(I'm guessing if you're a LBD reader you're big on sarcasm :) ) 
So, I'm fessing up about my eating habits, I'm a healthy eater, but always in a hurry, and 
never sit down (not so bad, I'm betting 90% of you busy moms do the same, right?).

BUT, the ugly part is I literally gulp down a few bites and don't take time to get any serving pieces.   

About thirty seconds before I have to head out the door my breakfast looks like this...



And, I quickly stop in for lunch and pop the top on a can of salmon...


If it's an oatmeal morning, I do use a bowl, albeit a huge one because otherwise
the oatmeal boils over. No time for any toppings. 


And, one of my most delectable lunches, a can of Kroger dark red kidney beans,

yum, tell me your mouth isn't watering? Green beans and beets are faves, too!





 My sweet clients know me well, they all seem to be ok with no lunch stop,

 and come prepared when we're out shopping!





And, just so you know...

1. Mr. Simple has told me for years how important it is to eat a good

 breakfast, and sit down and enjoy my food, and relax and yada yada yada.

2. I have a teenage son who has no body image issues and eats like a horse.

3. I sit down with my family for dinner every night, and I've never handed them a can

 of anything and a utensil!



I've never liked to go out to lunch, it seems like a waste of time in my day, if you

do invite me I'll figure out a way to make it a drive through Starbucks on the way to

do something else with you! :)



Happy Friday, friends!

Thanks so much for having me, Elizabeth!


21 comments:

  1. as busy as i am that is one thing i do make time for - sitting down to eat! even when sarah and i work at the barn hustling and moving furniture, we pack lunch and take a break and sit down. it is important! :) i loved these pictures- hilarious! love pam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! I always learn something from Pam's posts...kidney beans for lunch, hummm?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post - Pam you crack me up! For some reason, this doesn't surprise me about her being that she's always got 100 things going on at once!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Pam's best friend and what she didn't fess up is she keeps Hot Tamales in the car!!!
    Love ya Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam you are so funny. I love going out to eat...breakfast, lunch, cocktails...I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first thought was "Yuck!" But then after seeing your cute photos, I'm thinking, "I'll have what she's having!" Let's do lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't.stop.laughing. Love her. Wish I could look that chic eating out of a can/monstrous bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, those are the funniest and cutest pics ever!!! People feed their pets better and actually empty the can into something nicer. :) But, I guess if I had a can of beans for lunch I would be a much healthier person!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love breakfast and always sit down. However, after looking at her photos I may take a leaf from her book and have what she's having! Love the rooms she has done. Gorgeous kitchen.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so funny and unexpected from Pam for sure! The beans raelly got me going!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too freakin’ funny!! I’m guilty of the same thing during lunch most days, I do eat breakfast with my 2 year old everyday and dinner with the family at night but once I put the baby down for a nap I try and do as much as possible (we all know how it is)! However I’m always up for lonnnnng lunches out with cocktails would make it even better!! Love this, and seriously her latest ORC room was amaze balls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too funny! Love that pic w/the can of bean!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Red beans out of the can? Salmon out of the can???? No!!! You are too funny Pam, I love how low maintenance you are!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute Pam!...some people live to eat and some eat to live. I would make myself a bologna sandwich with fritos and stare at that kitchen for a lunch hour

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much awesome friends, glad I gave you a giggle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lol I enjoyed this post, admire your spunky spirit, and can relate to your on-the-go meals. But I also notice that the fruit bowl in the background is unchanged from one "meal" to the next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha, love the outfit changes Pam. And I always think going out for lunch is such a waste of time too because that's what my mom thinks too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. haha! Loved this. My wife thinks im the most horrible eater in the world. Im totally showing her this post so she can get off my back! Thanks Pam;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahhhhhhh!!! You are hilarious, Pam :D My fav just might be the massive mixing bowl for the oatmeal. Which is a damn good idea too! And yes, I think lunch out is a total time suck. One of my friends hates shopping with me because we never stop to eat. She now comes prepared with snacks :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. In my perfect world I'd eat 24 hours a day...sitting down in a civilized manner. The reality is I've got two little ones who ask for something and then change their minds before I've even had a chance to give them the first thing they asked for. Basically my butt doesn't touch a seat. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pam - i just loved this. I think your fess up was the bravest. Most people judge so badly what you eat. I LOVE the pics of you with your easy open containers. You are just darling!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you sweet talk me! It makes my day!
And please make sure you leave an email address so we can keep the convo going.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips