Hey everybody! I'm a little late to the game today - my computer had a tantrum and then I had a photo shoot. The dog ate my homework and there was traffic. Any other excuses I can think of? :)
At any rate, I'm here and happy to have a sun filled day in these parts. I'm still recovering from Nashville and I promise to give you the play by play on that amazing trip soon, but for today I'm joining my friend Sarah at 702 Park Project for her new series, 'What's on your...'. So if you are from one of the other wonderful blogs participating, welcome!
As some of you might know my bathroom is...compact. (how's that for diplomatic) So aside from some hand soap for the girls, I'm not really in possession of any bathroom real estate for my goodies, so instead I use my bedside table. #smallhouseproblems
Many of you have seen this table a time or two before, and admittedly it is always changing but there are a few staples that never leave.
- Flowers - OK, the flowers do change because eww, dead flowers by your bed wouldn't lead to sweet dreams. I go as fragrant as possible in this spot, hyacinth, peonies etc. to ensure a flowery deep breath to start my day.
- Candle from K Hall Designs - They have the best scents, their candles last forever and when you are done you have a beautiful hobnail container for, wait for it, your flowers! It all comes back to flowers people.
- And speaking of people, I keep pictures of my people close by as well as whatever stack of books I'm
On top of my books is my tray that keeps all of my 'if I had a big vanity' things.
1. Eos lip balm. Holy softness! I'm highly addicted to this stuff. If you don't have it yet, you should. I put it on every night before bed, and about 100 times thru out the day. That and a bit of mascara is most often my 'beauty regime'. I also have their lotion. Aces.
2. Rubber bands. Necessary for long hair, taking it off after washing my face is the last thing I do before rolling over to go to sleep each night.
3. Essie No Chips Ahead. I put this on every two or three nights to keep my manicures in tact as long as possible. This stuff works like a charm.
4. Whatever jewelry I had on that day.
5. Flowers. I can't say it enough (apparently). Flowers everywhere.
So that's my pseudo vanity. Be sure to check out all of these other lovely ladies for a peak into their vanities.
What do you keep on your vanity? Do you have as many vanity items by your bed as you do in your bathroom? Did you play a drinking game with the word 'flowers' while reading this post? If not, I think you should start over again and play.