November 13, 2013

i've got my sources

One of the best parts about the ORC is hearing everyones comments. It is so interesting what people notice and what sparks their interest. I've had several source requests so I thought I'd lay it all out nice and neat, just like this room was - for about an hour. I am happy to report it is now perfectly trashed, and will probably stay that way for the foreseeable future. Also, the sun finally came out so I got some more true-to-life pictures.


The rug towards the front of the room is an outdoor rug from Home Decorators and I love it. I may or may not have spilled a small bit of paint on it and it wiped up as though it were water. (thank god it was latex). Trust that I'm not the only messy one in the house though, the girls have dropped and spilled on it as well and it always cleans up like a champ. And to know that I can take it out in the spring and hose it down makes mamma very happy.

The vintage rug in the play area was found in an antique store down in Sarasota, FL. It is soft and plush and very well warn. And because of its...age spots I know it can take a beating from toy strollers, legos, and the occasional glitter nail polish and still look great.


The white stools were purchased several years ago at my favorite local antique store and have been in just about every room in the house and every color in the rainbow. I had just barely enough Les Touches to cover them and I love how they tie the red accents from the front of the house to the back of the room.

The console is an outdoor buffet table. It folds up, has a zinc top and weights practically nothing.

The blue and white is from my collection that has made its way around the house and the lovely brass hardware is from Rejuvenation.

The backs of the bookshelves are planked, just like the far wall. Tutorial to come soon.


The fabric for the slipcovers is plain white denim from housefabric.com (they are local for me). All the fabric was prewashed and the slipcovers were made without piping to prevent shrinkage when they are washed. And they will be washed. Frequently.

The red and white pillow is from Etsy, the white table used to be black, the mirror is from the side of the road (classy) and the toy under the table is probably Fisher-Price. (real life)


The plaid fabric, floral fabric and blue and white fabric are all from housefabric.com. They know me well there.


The color on the chairs is Rust-Oleum Lemongrass. The green pillow is from World Market (although I don't think it is available any more) and the ikat pillow is from Etsy. Rainbow Pom-pom garland from Furbish and sconce from IKEA.


I told you it was a sunny day. Can you believe all of this light came in from the door at the top of the stairs?!


I think that about covers it. Do you have furniture that you recycle from one room to the next? Ever dump something in storage for a while and all of a sudden it seems new and exciting? How excited do you think HouseFabric.com is going to be when they hear I'm actually sewing now?

28 comments:

  1. Just when I thought I couldn't love this space more, the sun comes out and I love it more! Thanks for sharing your sources--I know I was definitely wanting to hear where your sofa pillows came from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sunlight coming in and looking at your space again. It really came together so well. Lots of creative touches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful room!! I love the lighting this time around. A perfect day!! Its perfect to have all kinds of fun and spend time together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love seeing it again- the light makes a big difference and the colors are much more vivid! it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So inspiring! What great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even better than before! Can't wait for that tutorial. Amazing what a little light can do. I did the same thing the other day and took some more snappy q's of my own with actual sunlight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that antique rug. I'd been hoping it was from somewhere like rugsusa where there would be duplicates ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously, I keep coming back to this room and finding new things that I love! That little elephant with the markers in it is so cute! And the Les Touches stools -- yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did such a wonderful job with this. Thank you so much for sharing. One day I hope to have a great space like this to decorate *sigh*

    Allie of Dressing Ken

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sunshine in that room shows the space is even happier and brighter than the original images, just beautiful. Thanks for sharing your sources too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the source list Elizabeth! I'm looking to recover / slipcover my dining chairs and I've been looking at heavy linen but was skeptical ... the denim you used for your slipcover is practical, durable, and attractive, all the elements I need. They sell a natural and a bright white denim; is yours the natural? In person does it go more toward the oatmeal or white side of the scale? Also, think I'll be ordering some of the outdoor rugs too, so thanks for helping with my shopping :) Robin

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks so fabulous...and the light coming in the space is just gorgeous!! Wonderful job :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the sources! Although, I'm a bit bummed that the Persian rug is vintage and not for sale. It looks awesome though and proves you can have something "precious" in a well-used space. Nice job with your sewing projects, too! It's been ages since I last made a pillow cover.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am a huge fan of rustoleum so will have to look for that lemongrass when I go to lowes next. Love the colour. Thanks for sharing the sources!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this space so much. It's my #1 inspiration for our unfinished basement (working on it). I referenced your basement on my blog today. Really- I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the new sunny photos. Everything looks so happy! Thanks for sharing resources I love hearing where everyone got their goods.:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done! I am totally crushing on that arrow end table... it's the little things that bring life to a space, right?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Elizabeth,
    Thanks so much for visiting my Old House Poem post. So you're from Kirksville? I like to go antiquing there. Your stairs are so cool and is that a miniature dollhouse I see?
    Happy Friday!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved it before, but WOW!! These photos with the light are GORGEOUS. Thanks for sharing your sources, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  20. so when I'm in town this next week, should I be begging my friends for a trip to this House Fabric you speak of?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning Elizabeth!

    How lovely to meet you! Thank you for coming to visit and leave a comment AND become a follower! I must say, I am loving each room of your home that you share; that blue and white stairway is stunning and the wall with the black trimmed mirror is so fabulous. I am a white/gray/beige sort of gal, BUT the right mix of colors as you show here really do turn my head. I am also intrigued by good photography - that which catches the true colors and with great clarity, as yours do!

    Many thanks again for stopping by and have a FANTASTIC WEEKEND! I am very happy it's Friday. I'm a teacher and I'm exhausted!

    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the new pictures with this marvelous lighting! I'm in love with your antique rug and your fabric choices simply perfect for your space!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It definitely looks so different with so much light, so pretty! I love your stairs too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are so generous to reveal sources! I LOVE this space, I am on a white paint kick. The stairs are the real show piece though, just killer!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I ADORE this room. It's right up my alley with the bright colors, vintage finds and Ikea goodness. I think I'd be the one playing in this room if it were mine! Glad to have found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  26. It looks amazing with all that gorgeous light flowing in! Can't believe that mirror is a roadside find - you have such an eye for taking trash to treasure! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabric is more used in everyday life which is why I love fabric.
    perfect outdoor look...amazing room decorated.
    to get fabric on demand from weaveron textile.




    ReplyDelete
  28. wholesale OPEL Nitrogen Oxide Sensor, provides high precision and Highly repeatable oxygen measurement, with rich industry application measurement experience
    wholesale open workstation, general-purpose mesh table screen for workstations, including frame structure, cloth cover, The frame structure includes bottom beams, elbows, columns, beams, wooden beams, top beams are fixed on the wooden beams, and top side joints are fixed at both ends of the top beam.
    wholesale Off-Grid Solar Inverter 8KW, Professional solar off-grid inverter, high quality, cost-effective, independent research and development, quality assurance, wide application range, multiple load types, and design reasonable system solutions for different customer needs.
    wholesale Medium voltage insulator, composite insulating material, complete product specifications , Can provide high-quality products and perfect after-sales service according to customer needs,
    instant read meat thermometer exporter Guessing the temperature of the food while cooking. Insert the temperature probe into the thickest part of the meat, a little farther away from the bone, and the thermometer will display the temperature within a few seconds.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you sweet talk me! It makes my day!
And please make sure you leave an email address so we can keep the convo going.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips